Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls Recipe:
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup of chocolate protein powder (optional: vanilla protein)
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Start by adding the old fashioned oats to a food processor and pulse until they become a coarse flour-like consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the oat flour, chocolate protein powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the natural peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract. Microwave the peanut butter and honey mixture for 30 seconds, to make it easier to stir. Stir well until fully combined.
- Pour the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla mixture over the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. The mixture should be thick and slightly tacky.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Using a one-tablespoon cookie scoop, create small balls from the mixture.
- Once all the balls are formed, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes until they firm up.
- To store, keep the balls in the fridge in an airtight container or freeze for up to one month.
Enjoy these delicious chocolate peanut butter protein balls as a high-protein snack or dessert option. They are packed with wholesome ingredients and satisfy your sweet tooth while offering a satiating protein boost.